Thursday, June 22, 2006

What would you buy?

Planning a garden for market sales is all about having that which everyone wants and still having a product that sets you apart from all the other corn and tomato farmers. What would you buy? I'm having fabulous luck with my lettuce and spinach this year. I've managed to beat back the slugs with wood ashes. The flowers are coming (sunflowers, cosmos, zinnnias) but a long way off. The voles have decimated my pea pods. Broccoli is on it's way. Tomatoes look good, but I only have hybrids this year. Peppers look better than they ever have, but that's not saying much. Cucumbers, zuchinni, pumpkins and winter squash look good so far.

I also have wool, in yarn and roving, and eggs.

I guess the wool sets me apart.

1 comment:

jewishfarmer said...

Me, I'd definitely stop if you were, say, selling marajuana ;-).

Honestly, the things people seem to like best from us are mostly brightly colored things, especially mixed colors. They like mixed red and yellow pear tomatoes, or multi-colored cherry tomatoes, colored peppers, bright lights chard, mixed white and red amaranths, purple and white striped eggplants, etc...

Cool blog Amy!

Sharon