Monday, June 26, 2006

Lots of work accomplished

The rain held off this past weekend. I got the carpets cleaned. We made serious progress on cleaning out the basement. The weekend before we had a yard sale and got rid of lots of stuff. We made two trips to the dump Saturday. Then we got some shelving. Lest you think that this has nothing to do with farming, I will say that I couldn't get to my grow light this Spring and ended up buying tomato, pepper and broccoli plants. This is the reason I have no heirloom tomatoes. Now I can get to my light and my work table. I unearthed all the canning jars. I discarded all the suspect ones. Now I'll have all my jars sorted and on the shelf waiting for all those hybrid tomatoes to come in for making sauce (pasta and pizza). Apple sauce, apple butter and apple preserves are also on the agenda. I may try to make apple cinnamon jelly too.

I feel so productive.

No comments: